Future Air Navigation System
By February 5th, 2015 all aircraft operating above FL 285 (28,500 feet) shall have been retrofitted with a compliant Controller-Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) system.
Comlux America is one of the first companies to launch a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) that installs and certifies the FANS 1/A+ equipment on Canadair Challenger CL-600 through CL-604. This modification provides continued access to the most desirable North Atlantic tracks while reducing your operating costs and flight time and having minimal downtime.
The Future Air Navigation System (FANS) is an avionics system which provides direct data link communication between the pilot and the air traffic controller, including air traffic control clearances, pilot requests and position reporting through written communication.
The system installed by Comlux incorporates equipment from Universal Avionics Systems Corporation (UASC), International Communications Group (ICG), and L-3 Aviation Recorders. The STC includes the following tasks:
- Replacement of existing FMS systems with Dual Universal UNS-1Xw FMS’s and SSDTU
- Installation of UniLink UL-801 with lower VHF antenna
- Addition of aural and visual alerts for “ATC MSG RECEIVED”
- Replacement of the Existing Cockpit Voice Recorder, CVR control panel and CVR area mic if required
- Installation of wiring to allow CVR recording of DataLink messaging
- Upgrade of existing TCAS processor to 7.1
- Upgrade of existing SatCom either IRIDIUM or INMARSAT or new install if required
- Replacement of existing transponders (and possibly controllers) with ADS-B Out compliant units
Download FANS Survey
Please attach to your Request for a Quote
Request for a quote
Our team of experts will come back to you within 24 hours